The NodeMcu is an open-source firmware and development kit that helps you to prototype your IOT product within a few Lua script lines. Follow this guide for setup.
- Low cost
- WI-FI enabled
Arduino-like hardware IO
- Advanced API for hardware IO, which can dramatically reduce the redundant work for configuring and manipulating hardware.
- Code like arduino, but act interactively in Lua script.
Node.js style network API
- Event-driven API for network applicaitons, which faciliates developers writing code running on a 5mm*5mm sized MCU in Nodejs style.
- Greatly speed up your IOT application developing process.
Lowest cost WI-FI
- With a less than $2 cost for WI-FI MCU ESP8266, perfect for prototyping.
- By far the best platform for IOT application development at the lowest cost.